Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring is time for renew and refresh

With my renewed sense of energy last week I tackled one the most satisfying projects for me.  It's not necessarily my favorite, in fact it is so far from that, that it is almost ironic that I find it satisfying and pleasurable at the same time.  What, you may ask, could possibly be both overwhelming, yucky, and not liked, and at the same time be kinda fun, and totally satisfying?  Yup, you guessed it, cleaning!

Now, I'm not talking about cleaning the bathroom and mopping floors.  I don't think I have ever thought those tasks were fun (although loud Sheryl Crow really helps).  I'm referring to the cleaning of my studio/sewing room.  

I have been unable to find my inspiration and I would get knocked out by the mess up there.  So on Friday, when I was looking for my Fiber Arts Friday project, I found it.  Cleaning up the space in which I create!

Here's what it looked like before I started:


Massage table up from Thursday night session, poncho project strewn over the available seating...


A sewing table you can barely see (which is a shame 'cause it's pretty)



And a generally ridiculous amount of detritus strewn about where it should not be.

Ugh.

Project first involved taking my growing fabric stash and getting it under control.  I made cardboard holders and wrapped the fabric on them...so pretty!


Then I sort of cleaned up the little shelves and found a home for the fabric to live...


It's hard to tell, because it's still chock full, but these are actually very organized now.  I need some more little boxes to store supplies in now.

So after that was done, I tackled the sewing table:


And then the dormer:


The poncho project even found a little home until next week when it's finished (I hope).


Ahhhhh, sweet relief!  Work well worth the effort.  I'm already feeling the fruits of my labors as I quickly get working on the finishing of these ponchos.  Can't wait to see them on the little ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Detritus = great word! Your space looks awesome. Must be satisfying :)

    ReplyDelete