Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Celebrating Boys Clint Eastwood Style

I have been avidly following the "Celebrate the Boy" over at MADE for the past couple of weeks, and let me tell you, these ladies have some AWESOME ideas!!  You should definitely check them out!  I decided that since my little Oliver is often the inspiration for a myriad of projects that I would post my own 'ode to the boy'!

I've been making some little girl ponchos (no photos yet) and I desperately wanted one for Oliver.  Dave suggested that I model it after Clint Eastwood's poncho in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"


Well, I've got my own little version now!!  I added a little hood and snaps at the sides for practicality and warmth, but we kept the fringe for fun and fabulousness!


I love the little bulldogs and the upside down woofs!  I also like the cozy fleece I chose to use for this one.  Oh, that's Hayden not Oliver by the way!  My measurements were off so it was too small for my guy.


Sweet boy!  Those eyes just kill me!  Love the little red peeping out from under the hood.


I think he was more into having Oliver's Thomas than modeling!


An overall hit!  Next time, I'm going to try it in wool for a really grown up effect.

Happy Celebration of the Boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment